Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Mango series 3

I woke up this morning with a puzzle in my head. "Where am I? What am I doing here? This is not my home. Oh my god! Am I still the same Mango?"

Okay. Now I understand. This will be my second home for a few months ahead. I need some time to get myself adapted to the new environment. The most urgent thing will be rearranging my body clock--reestablishing my daily routine up to the most minor procedure like when to eat breakfast, what to do after brushing my teeth at night, and so on and so forth.

Busy people wish to have nothing to do. They long for relaxing holidays where they can forget all meetings and appointments with their guests. Contrastingly, those who do not have anything to do dream of at least one thing (if not, more) to keep themselves occupied. I thought I would be happy after leaving the college, freeing my brain from numbers, diagrams, and vocabularies. Embarking in a world after college and before university feels like being trapped on a raft in a vast blue ocean. Everyday, I would see the vast blue ocean and the vast blue sky. They don't change. Everyday is a cycle of another. Nothing triggers imagination like economics essay questions or statistics problems.

One evening, I invited Enzo over for dinner.
"Mango, I bring a packet of oyster omelette for you."
"Thanks a lot."

I met Enzo when I was having a problem with my shoes two years ago. I was practising a cudgel routine when I realised that I didn't tie my shoe lace tight enough. When I did a strong kick with my right leg, that side of shoe flew off my foot. I was half barefooted. The shoe landed in front of a charismatic guy whose name I knew later on is Enzo. Enzo was practising some mathematics problems. I could see his face frowning, looking perplexed at my shoe.

"I'm sorry. That's mine."
He was relieved, then smiled. "I thought an alien dropped it from the sky."

Since then, we were good friends.

3 Comments:

At 10:54 PM, Blogger blue_litmus said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read Best+home+blood+pressure+monitor Pay my alltel phone bill topamax 500 mg weight loss

 
At 12:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site! » » »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home